Uncleared Margin Rules: How to Comply in Time & Within Budget
Join us to explore strategies for how category 4/ 5 firms can meet upcoming UMR requirements on time and within budget using established industry resources.
As the OTC derivatives industry ramps up for the final two deadlines to comply with uncleared margin requirements (UMR) as per the BCBS/IOSCO framework, the firms that fall into scope for phases 4 and 5 face a steep learning curve ahead of their respective 2019 and 2020 deadlines. Phase 5 in particular, captures a wide net of entities as it applies to firms with that have an Average Aggregated Notional Amount (AANA) of $8 billion whereas Phase 4 targets a smaller net as it captures entities with an AANA of $750 billion or more.
In this webinar, a panel will offer an update on the current status of the UMR rules and how recent changes impact Phase 4 and 5 firms and the derivatives industry. The panel will explore the structure of a UMR implementation plan that supports phase 4 and 5 firms’ specific needs and enables these firms to comply with the margin rules in both a timely and cost-effective manner through the use of established industry resources, including AcadiaSoft. Attendees will hear more about suggested project planning timelines and other tips for compliance from industry experts. Join this webinar to gain more insight on the following:
- UMR status quo– what has been the result of recent advocacy changes and what does this mean to firms?
- Implementation plan– what does a UMR compliance plan look like for a phase 4 or 5 firm? How might this differ from phase 1 and 2 firms?
- Timing & costs– what is a feasible timeline from project inception to completion? How can a firm reduce costs?
- Industry resources– how AcadiaSoft brings together its experience, experts and risk services suite to assist firms in their compliance efforts
- Lessons learned– what lessons can phase 4 and 5 firms learn from previous phases?
- John Pucciarelli, Director of Strategic Initiatives, AcadiaSoft
- Yaron Katz, Global Head of Risk Operations at Coremont, a provider of collateral services to Brevan Howard
- Allen Lewis, BNY Mellon
- Moderator: Julia Schieffer, DerivSource.com
Do you have a topic you want us to cover? Please email us at email@example.com to share your ideas.