Euro Clearing Post-Brexit – Are You Ready?
The location of clearing of EUR-denominated OTC interest-rate derivatives and repos has long been a topic of debate alongside Brexit talks and among regulatory bodies and derivatives market players in Europe. As we near the deadline for Brexit in 2019, both buy and sell-side financial institutions must be prepared for how CCP clearing of OTC interest-rate derivatives and repos will change post-Brexit.
In this webinar, a panel will explore how this CCP clearing environment in Europe may evolve post-Brexit and the challenges various different re-location scenarios may pose from an operational, regulatory and legal perspective. Speakers will share Brexit action plans and shed light on how financial institutions may have to adjust to the new environment.
- Regulatory oversight change – What are the drivers behind regulatory and central banks’ desire to have clearing of Euro-denominated financial instruments within the EU 27 post-Brexit?
- Brexit implications – How might the different Brexit scenarios impact existing counterparty relationships?
- Euro clearing relocation – What are the advantages and disadvantages of all the possible post-Brexit scenarios including a potential move away from London for Euro-denominated interest-rate derivatives and repo clearing?
- Challenges – What are the challenges, such as re-papering, operational change or cost implications, that firms face in the change to the Euro clearing space?
- A Post-Brexit Plan – What does a post-Brexit plan look like for asset managers, pension funds, insurance firms and small and medium-sized banks? And how are sell-side firms preparing too?
Matthias Graulich,Chief Strategy Officer, Member of the Executive Board, Eurex Clearing
Patrick Scholl, Partner, Mayer Brown
Gerold Grasshoff, Senior Partner & Managing Director, BCG
Barry Hadingham, Head of Derivatives & Counterparty, Aviva Investors
Moderator: Julia Schieffer, DerivSource.com