In a DerivSource webinar sponsored by DTCC-Euroclear GlobalCollateral Ltd on June 19th a panel explored the emerging best practices that both sell-side and buy-side firms can adopt to streamline collateral position reporting and related operational processes. Register now
Whether it is compliance with EMIR, or account segregation rules, financial institutions need to have ready access to their trade and collateral data to support regulatory requirements including rules calling for collateral position reporting. By streamlining the management of margin data and collateral position reporting, firms can also improve the efficiency of related operational processes, such as reconciliation, in order to better mitigate credit counterparty risk. However, the strategies firms adopt to tackle common challenges in collateral data management and position reporting varies, although best practices are emerging through established industry initiatives.
In this webinar, a panel of industry participants review the business and operational challenges they face in an effort to streamline collateral position reporting and related processes including data management and reconciliation. Attendees will hear about the emerging best practices set out by industry groups, tactics they can adopt to address common operational challenges and the real benefits they can expect to achieve by streamlining collateral position reporting.
The panel will review the following questions:
· Regulatory drivers: What regulations require collateral position reporting and how do they differ?
· Operational drivers: What are the inefficiencies of current processes that firms needs to address? Is data a challenge?
· Common challenges: What are the typical business and operational challenges firm faces when addressing inefficiencies in collateral position management and reporting?
· Best practices: What are the emerging best practices for collateral position management and why is the industry collectively looking to address this area?
· Benefits: What are the expected benefits in terms of efficiencies gained, cost reductions and what can firms achieve through the streamlining of collateral position management?
· Future outlook: Are there new market factors that will change how firms address how they improve collateral position reporting in the future?
Elena Staloff, Executive Director, Global Collateral – DTCC
Wayne Forsythe, Managing Director, Collateral Management Services, State Street
Robert Marro, Morgan Stanley
Moderator: Julia Schieffer, DerivSource.com