Thomson Reuters today announced enhancements to its risk management platform to help financial institutions meet the Financial Services Authority proposed liquidity reporting requirements. These regulations as envisaged by the FSA in CP09/13, which will likely come into effect later this year, require UK financial institutions to periodically report their firm -wide liquidity levels and perform stress tests to identify funding gaps.
Thomson Reuters TopOffice Risk Management solution provides financial institutions market proven, holistic risk management framework to aggregate and manage risk exposure across both the banking and trading books on a real-time basis.
The TopOffice Liquidity Management module has been enhanced to meet the current as well the new FSA reporting requirements including those proposed in CP09/13. The solution is built on a scalable architecture with a powerful data integration engine, allowing it to connect quickly and economically to a bank’s existing data sources including front-offices, legacy systems, models, feeds and risk engines.
Andrew White, global head of Risk Management, Thomson Reuters, said: “Financial institutions are under extreme pressure to demonstrate that they are measuring and managing their liquidity risk. These new regulations, which are likely to be mirrored globally, leave firms little time to comply. TopOffice is a proven solution that can be rapidly deployed by any financial institution to meet the mandated FSA timeframe”.
Thomson Reuters risk solution not only covers all aspects of the newly proposed regulation but also provides:
• A single enterprise-wide view of a bank’s performance across the entire balance sheet including market, credit and liquidity risk
• Real-time analysis of global liquidity risk exposures with drill-down capabilities
• Ability to perform stress testing as well as scenario analysis to indentify sources of potential liquidity gaps
• Consistent risk and P&L views across multiple front office and data sources
• Pre-defined reports and pre-configured templates to speed implementation
• Robust data integration and data management capabilities