Bill Hodgson is founder and owner of The OTC Space Limited, a consultancy that specialises in OTC derivatives processing and central clearing.
My career has included a wide variety of businesses including cash registers, children’s games, RADAR, oil drilling and for the past 19 years in the capital markets, especially OTC derivatives. The children’s games were sold for the Sinclair ZX Spectrum, at a time when having a computer in the home was a revolution. In the drilling business I worked on software to simulate the behaviour of drilling components whilst underground, enabling BP to prove they could drill a hole for thousands of feet underground and watch the drill head pop up back where it started.
In the capital markets I initially worked on developing software to process OTC derivatives at Merrill Lynch, in the days when paper trade tickets were still the norm. Subsequently I have worked with major banks to improve their OTC processing capabilities, and then with LCH.Clearnet and DTCC to develop the market infrastructure for OTC products.
- Service and process design, such as the integration between DTCC Trade Warehouse and CLS
- Change leadership, such as the LCH.Clearnet Murex project
- Research, such as a study on legal, operational and risk netting for a middle eastern Bank
- Public speaking, on the OTC market, either personally, on a panel, or chairing a panel
- Industry change leadership, in many working groups over the years