Orc Software, the leading global provider of technology for advanced derivatives trading and connectivity, today announced during the FIX Protocol organization’s Electronic Trading Conference in New York the release of Orc CameronFIX Version 6.3.1. This latest release provides significant performance enhancements around Orc’s FAST capabilities, FIX monitoring through the Orc Dashboard, and further developments for improved Orc System and CameronFIX integration.
FIX/FAST is the new industry standard developed by the FIX Protocol Organization specifically for the transmission of market data, and designed to drastically reduce end-to-end latency and improve bandwidth scalability.
"Orc CameronFIX version 6.3.1 is an important milestone in our evolution towards a true fourth generation FIX engine, leveraging FAST technology to deliver new levels of performance to our customers," says John Cameron, chief technology officer for Orc Software.
The new enhancements available in Orc CameronFIX version 6.3.1 include:
• Optimized FAST performance. Orc CameronFAST is benchmarked at three times faster than OpenFAST and significantly faster than CME Reference FAST. Optimization allows orders and prices to be transmitted at greater speeds resulting in processing larger volumes of data, faster.
• Optimized FAST components inside the CameronFIX Universal Server. The deep integration of compressed binary FAST technology and datatypes into the universal server, initiated with the release of CameronFIX 6.3, has now been extended to message processors and adapters.
• Improved Monitoring through the Orc Dashboard enables firms to achieve unprecedented flexibility in the organization of data for efficient monitoring of the largest global CameronFIX deployments.
• Enhanced Risk mitigation through role based access control, better enabling firms to protect best execution policies relying on critical market links and demonstrating compliant traceability of all management actions globally.
• Improved Orc System integration resulting in select CameronFIX market access via Orc’s extensive market gateways. Some Orc clients are already using this offering for select access to markets such as CBOT, CME, Eurex, HKFE, ICE, IDEM, Euronext.liffe (London, Paris) SGX and TSE.
“With optimized FAST capabilities accessible to CameronFIX users, Orc delivers a new reference to the industry for high-volume, high-frequency, high-performance global electronic trading. Never has robust, scalable technology been so needed than in the current volatile markets,” says Joacim Wiklander, vice president Product Management at Orc Software.
“Delivering optimized FIX requires high levels of expertise, as does delivering insightful, effective FIX monitoring. As CameronFIX development produces more complex optimizations, and as risk control peaks at critical in the financial industry, only the makers of CameronFIX can achieve the sophisticated monitoring needed to make the best of CameronFIX,” says Max Colas, Senior Product Manager at Orc Software.
“With our ambitious Dashboard program, users won’t need to rely on second-guess generic monitoring achieved by third-party systems,” adds Colas. “Today’s news of Orc’s investment in the Dashboard monitoring program represents only the beginning of its long-term commitment to reliable, high-performance monitoring.”
Orc Software is currently exhibiting at the FPL Electronic Trading Conference in New York, November 19 & 20. On day 2 of the conference, chief technology officer for Orc Software John Cameron will join George Kledaras and Sam Johnson for a panel discussion titled FIX Entrepreneurs – From Engine to Corporation.
Orc Software is a Premier Member of the FIX Protocol organization and is actively involved in the development of the standard. Members of Orc’s development and technical teams are active members of the FAST protocol working group.