SuperDerivatives®, the benchmark for derivatives pricing and the leading provider of multi-asset front-office systems, risk management, revaluation and online options trading solutions, today launched the next generation of its trading platform for the foreign exchange (FX) market.
Answering the growing market demand from the buy side and sell side for greater FX derivatives complexity and more efficient workflows, the next generation platform integrates pricing discovery, marketing, reporting and on-line execution.
Market professionals using SuperDerivatives’ next generation FX platform in their growth strategy can now trade high margin, exotic structures – including those featuring 4th generation exotics – as easily and efficiently as vanilla FX options.
As is the case with all SuperDerivatives platforms, the next generation FX is web-based and operates in real-time for immediate implementation and scalability. It can easily integrate into any information and trading architecture, connecting various trading and sales desks, and interfacing with middle and back office systems seamlessly and efficiently – linking banks to their clients, reducing operational risk and facilitating faster trading.
SuperDerivatives’ next generation enhancements apply to practically all types of FX instruments, from spot and forwards right through to higher yield 3rd and 4th generation options and correlation structures including cross asset barriers, dual digitals and path dependent baskets. The platform coverage spans over 150 different instrument types on over 100 currency pairs, connecting a diverse community of counterparties across both developed and emerging markets.
"The FX derivatives market has evolved rapidly, while vanilla and first generation exotics have been commoditized and standardized, with corresponding shrinking margins. This year alone, over 10 new exotic structures were added to the market and have become popular," said David Gershon, chief executive officer, SuperDerivatives. "FX professionals are now looking for the ability to offer their clients the next generation of exotic FX options. We believe that our FX next generation functionality will further increase the volume of derivatives traded and contribute to the evolution of the market, acting as a catalyst for sustained growth."
SuperDerivatives next generation FX highlights include:
• Support for a wide array of FX options from vanillas to 4th generation exotics including multi-leg structures and correlation products such as path dependent basket structures, quanto options, cross-asset barriers and dual euro digitals
• Sophisticated tools for structuring, marketing, branding & distribution – essential for dramatically improving sales desk productivity
• Online execution and Request for Quote (RFQ) utility connect sales and trading desks together – and with clients – seamlessly and efficiently
• Proprietary ‘Looking For Strategy’ solver, multi-language customizable Trade Idea Generator and Term Sheet Generator applications which produce professional, tailored proposals efficiently across a range of exotic and vanilla FX options
• Reporting module provides multi-asset Value at Risk reports (VAR) plus reports for Net Asset Value (NAV), Portfolio Profit and Loss (P&L),and sensitivity spot-volatility which allows sales staff to easily provide value-add services to their clients
• Online execution and improved post-trade portfolio management deliver deal capture, with an online blotter to capture all client deals and automated deal event management.
The next generation of SuperDerivatives FX is available immediately.