Calypso Technology Inc. (Calypso) the leading provider of capital markets trading software solutions for global financial institutions, today announced that 2006 was its sixth consecutive year of double-digit revenue and client growth.
The new client signings include global and regional banks, hedge funds and asset managers. Building on its 2005 landmark gains, Calypso experienced almost 25% increase in new clients in the Americas and a 40% gain in Europe, while client numbers more than doubled in Asia. Both new and existing clients expressed strong interest across all products with front-to-back solutions for derivatives trading, enhanced structuring capabilities, as well as treasury processing exhibiting the greatest demand.
"These results demonstrate Calypso’s persistent investment in research and advanced technology, which has enabled us to deliver products and services that help clients excel in a demanding marketplace," stated Charles Marston, chairman and ceo of Calypso. "Our innovative infrastructure coupled with continuous functional enhancements, consistently pushes the boundaries for capital markets systems."
In 2006 a variety of enhancements and services were introduced, including:
- Enterprise Risk Service (ERS), state-of-the-art risk management capabilities that meets the challenges of calculating, aggregating, and disseminating key risk measures in real-time
- Cash management module, enables users to streamline their own accounts, as well as provide a value-added service to their clients
- Enhanced collateral management module, including margin requirements
- Continued leadership in credit including support for credit default swaps on asset- backed securities and for CDO2
- Front-to-back support for a wide variety of structured and hybrid products without coding, enabling clients to react quickly to the creativity of their trading room
Calypso continued to achieve industry recognition throughout 2006 for its innovative technology that helps organizations address end-to-end capital market needs for the newest, most complex investments to high volume, commoditized instruments and achieve unmatched results.