Last updated on: May 9 2018
DerivSource Limited (“DerivSource”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is the single source for information on derivatives operations and technology. We provide free industry analysis, peer commentary, videos, podcasts, educational resources, and events and webinars (the “Services”) via our website, DerivSource.com.
Your privacy is important to us. Because we gather certain types of information about our users in order to provide the Services, this statement explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used at DerivSource.com.
- What information does DerivSource collect and why?
To provide content, products and services as requested by you: The primary reason DerivSource collects personal information from you is to provide you with the best and most useful content and services. Certain services and features offered on DerivSource.com require you to provide us with information in order for us to enable you to use them. These services and features include access to subscription-only areas, the ability to post opinions or other content, and participation in message boards. We will indicate where this information is necessary in order for us to provide the service such as event or webinar registration pages or any webpage requiring a login or registration to view or download a resource, such as a whitepaper, or use a service. Where such information is not necessary for us to provide the service, any information you give us is entirely voluntary and with your consent (which you may withdraw at any time by contacting us as described below).
- To send you subscriptions, such as e-newsletters, emails or print magazines or educational resources such as whitepapers that you request: In order to send you these items we will need to process your personal information to do so.
- To register for Webinars or Events: DerivSource collects personally identifiable information when you register to attend any DerivSource Webinars (via any platform) or events (including obtaining and using complimentary passes). We collect information such as member and event attendee information, including but not limited to name, job title, company and, geographic location, in-event poll responses and full registration information (including registration information plus contact details such as email and phone number). This is collected in order for us to be able to administer the webinar/event and in order to pursue our legitimate business interests in organising such events or related services. Your information may be shared with third parties, such as event sponsors, partners or speakers in order to organise or provide administration of the webinar/event..
- To use co-branded services: (i.e., websites or services, such as events, webinars or educational resources, that we offer to you in conjunction with a partner or sponsor, who is identified on the website. This requires the submission of details for registration or access. See use of personal information section below for more information). The partner, sponsor or event partner’s use of your personal information is subject to applicable data protection and electronic marketing laws and their privacy policies and DerivSource is not liable for their use of your personal informationwhich is shared with the sponsor or partners following registration of details.
- To send you information you agree to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you on the basis of your prior consent. You may withdraw this consent at any time by contacting us as set out below.
- To administer contests or sweepstakes: We will process your information in order to manage the contest/sweepstake and the prize fulfilment process.
- To comply with our legal or regulatory obligations or in order to court orders subpoenas, , or legal process.
- To monitor usage of our website and user behaviour e.g., the browsers used, the region the website is being accessed from, etc.
- For website related activities as described below under Cookies.
- Aggregate information: We aggregate personally identifiable information in order run internal analyses and benchmarking in relation to the users of our services. Where a service is co-branded we may disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to [advertisers and other third parties for marketing, promotional, and other purposes]. We do not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to identify you personally.
Your Internet browser has a feature called cookies. Cookies store data on your computer about your visit to DerivSource.com. You do not have to have cookies enabled to visit DerivSource.com, although active participation in certain areas of our website may require cookies. Cookies alone tell us nothing about who you are unless you specifically give us personally identifiable information, in which case we use the information to enhance your services in the ways described above. You may set your Internet browser to deny cookies, but if you do, you may not be able to access or use certain services or features on DerivSource.com.
We also use web beacons or other similar technologies that allow us to track general user-traffic patterns. We also automatically receive and record information from our servers and from your browser, including your IP address, the time of your visit to pages on our site, and information about pages you visited. Unless you have registered for one of our products or services, the information we gather through the use of tracking technologies cannot be matched with any personally identifiable information about you.
- Keeping count of return visits to our Web site;
- Accumulating and reporting anonymous, aggregate, statistical information on website and advertisement usage;
- Determining which services and features our users likes best;
- Saving your password so you don’t have to re-enter it when you visit our website; and
We allow other companies that are presenting advertisements on our website and, sometimes, in our newsletters to use tracking technology on your computer. We do not give any personally identifiable information to them as part of this relationship. Unless you visit the website of these companies and provide them with personally identifiable information about yourself, these tracking technologies tell those advertisers nothing about who you are. Our advertisers’ use of tracking technology is subject to their own privacy policies.
How does DerivSource share the information it collects ?
We will make your personal information available to other companies or people when:
- You have elected to allow us to share that information at the time that you registered with us or provided us the information, or through a subsequent affirmative election through our website.
- You volunteer information or create a public profile in the course of your participation in our community features such as forums, user opinions and reviews, polls, surveys, chat rooms, or other forms of public communication and interaction.
- When you use a co-branded service within our website, such as a webinar, event, survey or an educational resource, we will pass your name, organisation, job function, contact details (including email address) and other registration and service usage information to that partner or sponsor. The partner/sponsor or event partners’/sponsors’ use of your personal information is subject to applicable data protection and electronic marketing laws and their privacy policies and we are not liable for their use of your personal information. We hire third-party vendors to provide specialized services such as customer support; email message deployment; suppression, merge and de-duplication services; data processing; and special products or services that you have requested. These companies are only allowed to use the information in order to help us fulfil our services to you. We do not provide your personal information to these companies for their own, permanent use. [If you would like further information about the vendors we engage please click here.
- You unsubscribe for a mailing that we send to you on behalf of a third party. We may share your removal instruction with the third party so that it may be added to that person’s list of people to whom they may not send emails.
- You are the winner of a contest or a sweepstakes that is co-sponsored with a third party and that third party needs your information in order to manage the prize fulfilment process.
- When required by law, such as when we respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process.
We may acquire another company or merge with or be acquired by another company. If we sell our business, we may transfer some or all of your information as a part of the sale in order that the service being provided to you may continue or for other business purposes.
Transfers of personal information
These countries may not have EU equivalent data protection standards and in this case, the transfer will be on the basis of a European Commission adequacy decision or we will implement adequate measures, [for example the US Privacy Shield or the EU Model Contracts],in all cases including appropriate security measures, for the protection of personal data in those countries, in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If you would like to receive a copy of the information relating to the safeguards we put in place, please contact out us outlined below.
What options do you have regarding your information?
If you do not want to provide any of the user information requested by our registration process do not register with us. You can still view much of the content and use many of the services offered by our website without registering.
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information we process about you:
The right access to it or to rectify or update it, You can review, correct, or change the information collected during registration for our website at any time. The instructions for doing this can be found in our My Account area. Users may change information at any time and as often as necessary. Users who are experiencing problems with our services or who have questions about how our services work can contact us using the e-mail address at the bottom of this page.
- To request us to erase it
- To restrict our using it, in certain circumstances
- To object to our using it, in certain circumstances e.g., you may opt not to provide certain personal information when registering for our website, provided, however, that you may not be able to use some of our products or services without providing us with certain information.
- To opt not to receiving our electronic newsletters or those of third parties when you register. If you opt in at registration, you may always opt out from mailing lists at any time through the subscription-management pages or by following the instructions at the end of the e-mail you receive from us;
- To data portability, in certain circumstances
To lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in your country. .You are able to exercise these rights by contacting us using the details set out below:
How can you review and update your personally identifiable information?
You can review, correct, or change the information collected during registration for our website at any time. The instructions for doing this can be found in our My Account area. Users may change information at any time and as often as necessary. Users who are experiencing problems with our services or who have questions about how our services work can contact us using the e-mail address at the bottom of this page.
How long is personal information kept for?
We store personal data in line with legal, regulatory and best-practice requirements.
We keep your personal data, including information and correspondence collected by us or provided to us unless you opt-out of services, which your date is deleted within 13 months time.
Privacy of children
DerivSource.com is not directed to children under the age of 13. We operate our website in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and do not permit registration by, and will not knowingly collect or use personally identifiable information from, anyone under 13 years of age. This requirement is clearly posted during the registration process.
General comments or questions:email@example.com,
We read every message submitted and try to reply promptly to everyone. We may also file your comments to improve the site, or review and discard the information.