DerivSource is the single source for information on derivatives operations and technology.
Thank you for visiting DerivSource at DerivSource.com. Your privacy is important to us. Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we provide this statement explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used at DerivSource.com.
What information does DerivSource collect?
The primary reason DerivSource collects personal information from you is to provide you with the best and most useful content and services. Certain services and features offered on DerivSource require you to provide us with information as a condition of use. These services and features include access to subscription-only areas, the ability to post opinions or other content, participation in sweepstakes or contests, subscriptions to print magazines and email newsletters and participation in message boards.
DerivSource collects personally identifiable information, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, occupation and credit card information when you provide it to us. From time to time, we may also collect other sensitive information such as your job title, gender, username and password. We may also receive information about you from other sources and add it to the information you provided to us.
How does DerivSource use the personal information it collects?
We use the personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- To customize the advertising and the content you see;
- To enhance the user experience of our website;
- To fulfil your requests for certain products and services, such as sending out electronic newsletters and enabling you to participate in paid services, polls, contests, and message boards; and
- To send you information you agree to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you.
Your Internet browser has a feature called cookies. Cookies store data on your computer about your visit to DerivSource.com. You do not have to have cookies enabled to visit DerivSource.com, although active participation in certain areas of our website may require cookies. Cookies alone tell us nothing about who you are unless you specifically give us personally identifiable information, in which case we use the information to enhance your services in the ways described above. You may set your Internet browser to deny cookies, but if you do, you may not be able to access or use certain services or features on DerivSource.com.
e also use web beacons or other similar technologies that allow us to track general user-traffic patterns. We also automatically receive and record information from our servers and from your browser, including your IP address, the time of your visit to pages on our site, and information about pages you visited. Unless you have registered for one of our products or services, the information we gather through the use of tracking technologies cannot be matched with any personally identifiable information about you.
- Keeping count of return visits to our Web site;
- Accumulating and reporting anonymous, aggregate, statistical information on website and advertisement usage;
- Determining which services and features our users likes best;
- Saving your password so you don't have to re-enter it when you visit our website; and
- Displaying the most appropriate advertising or content based on your interests.
We allow other companies that are presenting advertisements on our website and, sometimes, in our newsletters to use tracking technology on your computer. We do not give any personally identifiable information to them as part of this relationship. Unless you visit the website of these companies and provide them with personally identifiable information about yourself, these tracking technologies tell those advertisers nothing about who you are. Our advertisers' use of tracking technology is subject to their own privacy policies.
How does DerivSource share the information it collects?
We will make your personal information available to other companies or people when:
- You have elected to allow us to share that information at the time that you registered with us or provided us the information, or through a subsequent affirmative election through our website.
- You volunteer information or create a public profile in the course of your participation in our community features such as forums, user opinions and reviews, chat rooms, photo sharing or other forms of public communication and interaction.
- You use co-branded services (i.e., websites or services that we offer to you in connection with a partner, who is identified on the website). When you use a co-branded service within our website, you grant us permission to pass your name, organisation, job function, contact details (including email address) and other registration and service usage information to that partner, including any consent to receiving information by email from the event partner or partner. The partner or event partner’s use of your personal information is subject to applicable data protection and electronic marketing laws and their privacy policies and we are not liable for their use of your personal information.
- We hire third-party vendors to provide specialized services such as customer support; email message deployment; suppression, merge and de-duplication services; data processing; and special products or services that you have requested. These companies are only allowed to use the information in order to help us fulfil our services to you. We do not provide your personal information to these companies for their own, permanent use.
- You unsubscribe for a mailing that we send to you on behalf of a third party. We may share your removal instruction with the third party so that it may be added to that person's list of people to whom they may not send emails.
- You are the winner of a contest or a sweepstakes that is co-sponsored with a third party and that third party needs your information in order to manage the prize fulfilment process.
- When required by law, such as when we respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process.
We aggregate personally identifiable information and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for marketing, promotional, and other purposes. We do not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to identify you personally.
We may acquire another company or merge with or be acquired by another company. If we sell our business, we may transfer some or all of your information as a part of the sale in order that the service being provided to you may continue or for other business purposes.
What options do you have regarding your information?
If you do not want to provide any of the user information requested by our registration process do not register with us. You can still view much of the content and use many of the services offered by our website without registering.
You also have the following options:
- You may opt not to receive our electronic newsletters or those of third parties when you register. If you opt in at registration, you may always opt out from mailing lists at any time through the subscription-management pages or by following the instructions at the end of the e-mail you receive from us;
- You may opt not to provide certain personal information when registering for our website, provided, however, that you may not be able to use some of our products or services without providing us with certain information.
How can you review and update your personally identifiable information?
You can review, correct, or change the information collected during registration for our website at any time. The instructions for doing this can be found in our My Account area. Users may change information at any time and as often as necessary. Users who are experiencing problems with our services or who have questions about how our services work can contact us using the e-mail address at the bottom of this page.
Account management: firstname.lastname@example.org
E-mail newsletters: email@example.com
Registration management [e-mail request]: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us
Privacy of children
DerivSource.com is not directed to children under the age of 13. We operate our website in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act and do not permit registration by, and will not knowingly collect or use personally identifiable information from, anyone under 13 years of age. This requirement is clearly posted during the registration process.
Effective Date: November 7th, 2016.