Singapore Exchange (SGX) and Eurex today announced a partnership to deliver convenient market access and cost efficiencies to members of both exchanges. Both companies plan to link their co-location data centers to provide market participants easy connectivity to each other’s markets in Singapore and Frankfurt/Main respectively.
As part of this partnership, Eurex will be moving its existing access point in Singapore into the SGX co-location data center. In return, Eurex will act as a network service provider to SGX’s customers in Europe. This initiative is expected to be implemented mid-2012.
When the link becomes operational, customers of each exchange can more easily and cost effectively access both markets by connecting their trade-execution systems to either the SGX or Eurex co-location data centers. Trade matching will still be executed at the respective home exchanges.
Eurex’s co-location customers in Frankfurt can conveniently participate in Asia’s biggest and most dynamic economies and companies via SGX’s securities and derivatives markets. Similarly, SGX’s co-location customers will be able to access Eurex’s diversified derivatives market if they are Eurex trading members.
“Today’s collaboration is part of our Asian strategy and will lower the connectivity costs for our Asian customers while improving our footprint in a growth region,” said Juerg Spillmann, member of the Eurex Executive Board.
“We are pleased to partner with Eurex to grow our distribution network. As part of our strategy to reach out to global liquidity pools, this collaboration will offer enhanced market access to SGX, thus further establishing ourselves as the Asian gateway,” said SGX president, Gan Seow Ann.
You Might Also Like...
- UnaVista Partners with Kaizen Reporting to Offer Quality Assurance Solution
- Bloomberg’s OTC Electronic Trading Services Offer Direct Connectivity to Eurex Clearing
- Broadridge Launches Next Generation Global Post Trade Management Solution Enabling Banks to Gain Transformative Operational Advantages
- NewOak Selects Quantifi’s Single Solution for Pricing and Analytics
- triResolve’s Repository Reconciliation Service and DTCC Collaborate to Reconcile Data Reported to Asian Regulators
- PNC Selects AxiomSL for Regulatory Reporting
- CFTC Approves Final Rule on Amendments to the Swap Portfolio Reconciliation Requirement
- ESMA Amends MiFID II Standards on Non-equity Transparency and Position Limits