Singapore Exchange (SGX) and Eurex today announced a partnership to deliver convenient market access and cost efficiencies to members of both exchanges. Both companies plan to link their co-location data centers to provide market participants easy connectivity to each other’s markets in Singapore and Frankfurt/Main respectively.
As part of this partnership, Eurex will be moving its existing access point in Singapore into the SGX co-location data center. In return, Eurex will act as a network service provider to SGX’s customers in Europe. This initiative is expected to be implemented mid-2012.
When the link becomes operational, customers of each exchange can more easily and cost effectively access both markets by connecting their trade-execution systems to either the SGX or Eurex co-location data centers. Trade matching will still be executed at the respective home exchanges.
Eurex’s co-location customers in Frankfurt can conveniently participate in Asia’s biggest and most dynamic economies and companies via SGX’s securities and derivatives markets. Similarly, SGX’s co-location customers will be able to access Eurex’s diversified derivatives market if they are Eurex trading members.
“Today’s collaboration is part of our Asian strategy and will lower the connectivity costs for our Asian customers while improving our footprint in a growth region,” said Juerg Spillmann, member of the Eurex Executive Board.
“We are pleased to partner with Eurex to grow our distribution network. As part of our strategy to reach out to global liquidity pools, this collaboration will offer enhanced market access to SGX, thus further establishing ourselves as the Asian gateway,” said SGX president, Gan Seow Ann.
You Might Also Like...
- Neptune Continues Expansion with Integration into Fidessa's Buy-side OMS Platform
- Quantifi Develops Commodity Credit aCounterparty Risk Management Solution with Leading Global Commodity Firm
- Object Trading Platform Goes Live at TMX Group’s Co-Location Centre for Montréal Exchange Access
- CBOE Holdings Takes Equity Stake In Eris Exchange Holdings And Companies Announce Strategic Product Partnership
- CFTC Issues Final Cross-Border Margin Rule
- Credit Suisse Leader in Global Cleared Derivatives Selects FIS Derivatives Utility
- Clearing Members Analyze the Resolution of Central Counterparties in New White Paper
- SA-CCR - Understanding Implementation Challenges to Create an Effective Adoption Plan