Singapore Exchange Limited (SGX) today announced that it has agreed in-principle to accept the offer of a 20% equity stake in Philippine Dealing System Holdings Corp. (PDS) for an estimated investment of Php 150m (approximately S$5m1). This investment is offered to SGX at par value of Php 100 per share. The proposed acquisition is subject to mutually-agreeable terms and necessary approvals.
PDS operates a fixed-income exchange, depository and foreign exchange settlement platform. This proposed acquisition will provide SGX the opportunity to expand into a new geographical market and collaborate with PDS on derivatives products. SGX and PDS will also explore depository linkages to custodise securities in each other's markets, on behalf of their account holders. The proposed collaboration will reinforce SGX's Asian Gateway strategy and position.
You Might Also Like...
- Leading Global Banks Cut Counterparty Risk at AcadiaSoft and Quantile Pilot Risk Optimisation Service
- triResolve Margin Signs over 60 Clients in Anticipation of the Variation Margin Rules
- Northern Trust Survey: Majority of Fund Managers see Upcoming Regulatory Environment Demanding More Time
- Intercontinental Exchange Announces Agreement to Acquire TMX Atrium from TMX Group
- Regulatory Reporting: Is a Holistic Approach Possible?
- CFTC’s Division of Swap Dealer and Intermediary Oversight Issues Time-Limited No-Action Transition for March 1, 2017 Compliance Date for Variation Margin and No-Action Relief from Minimum Transfer Amount Provisions
- EquiChain - A Global Capital Markets Infrastructure Platform to Drive Market Efficiency and Improve Global Investor Access in Emerging and Frontier Markets