Singapore Exchange Limited (SGX) today announced that it has agreed in-principle to accept the offer of a 20% equity stake in Philippine Dealing System Holdings Corp. (PDS) for an estimated investment of Php 150m (approximately S$5m1). This investment is offered to SGX at par value of Php 100 per share. The proposed acquisition is subject to mutually-agreeable terms and necessary approvals.
PDS operates a fixed-income exchange, depository and foreign exchange settlement platform. This proposed acquisition will provide SGX the opportunity to expand into a new geographical market and collaborate with PDS on derivatives products. SGX and PDS will also explore depository linkages to custodise securities in each other's markets, on behalf of their account holders. The proposed collaboration will reinforce SGX's Asian Gateway strategy and position.
You Might Also Like...
- Neptune Continues Expansion with Integration into Fidessa's Buy-side OMS Platform
- Quantifi Develops Commodity Credit aCounterparty Risk Management Solution with Leading Global Commodity Firm
- Object Trading Platform Goes Live at TMX Group’s Co-Location Centre for Montréal Exchange Access
- CBOE Holdings Takes Equity Stake In Eris Exchange Holdings And Companies Announce Strategic Product Partnership
- CFTC Issues Final Cross-Border Margin Rule
- Credit Suisse Leader in Global Cleared Derivatives Selects FIS Derivatives Utility
- Clearing Members Analyze the Resolution of Central Counterparties in New White Paper
- SA-CCR - Understanding Implementation Challenges to Create an Effective Adoption Plan