Singapore Exchange Limited (SGX) today announced that it has agreed in-principle to accept the offer of a 20% equity stake in Philippine Dealing System Holdings Corp. (PDS) for an estimated investment of Php 150m (approximately S$5m1). This investment is offered to SGX at par value of Php 100 per share. The proposed acquisition is subject to mutually-agreeable terms and necessary approvals.
PDS operates a fixed-income exchange, depository and foreign exchange settlement platform. This proposed acquisition will provide SGX the opportunity to expand into a new geographical market and collaborate with PDS on derivatives products. SGX and PDS will also explore depository linkages to custodise securities in each other's markets, on behalf of their account holders. The proposed collaboration will reinforce SGX's Asian Gateway strategy and position.
You Might Also Like...
- Derivatives Documentation Digitalization: CSAs, MCAs, IMAs and ISDAs Apply!
- Thomson Reuters and Clifford Chance Team Up to Deliver OTC Derivatives Documentation Solutions
- Bilateral Margining Driving New Member Activity at ForexClear
- Selwood Asset Management Selects Quantifi’s Single Integrated Portfolio Management System
- How Chief Information Officer & Chief Technology Officer Roles Are Changing
- CFTC Staff to Host a Public Roundtable on CPMI-IOSCO Guidance on CCP Resilience & Recovery
- Intercontinental Exchange Announces Appointment of Thomas E. Noonan to ICE Board of Directors
- G-SIB US Bank Selects AxiomSL’s Single Platform for Capital Calculation and Regulatory Reporting Across Europe