Senior financial supervisors from seven countries (collectively, the Senior Supervisors Group) today issued a report that assesses how firms manage their credit default swap activities related to the settlement of credit derivatives transactions terminated by the occurrence of a credit event.
This report, Observations on Management of Recent Credit Default Swap Credit Events , summarizes a review that the Senior Supervisors Group initiated in December 2008. The observations in the report are based on discussions with senior members of selected institutions, comprising major dealers, buy-side firms, service providers and an industry association.
Surveyed participants reported that recent credit events were managed in an orderly manner, with high participation rates and no major operational disruptions or liquidity problems.
This review was conducted to support the priorities established by the Financial Stability Forum, including enhancing the infrastructure for over-the-counter derivatives markets and encouraging market participants to act promptly to ensure that the settlement, legal and operational infrastructure underlying these markets is sound.
You Might Also Like...
- IHS Markit and Oliver Wyman Join Forces to Develop Risk Factor Modellability Service for FRTB
- CME Clearing Europe Approved as a Derivatives Clearing Organization by CFTC
- CFTC Grants CME Clearing Europe Registration as a Derivatives Clearing Organization
- Post-Trade Services Takes Centre Stage
- AxiomSL Opens Dubai Office as Part of Growing Middle Eastern Presence
- Numerix Introduces High Performance FRTB Solution
- Using Cloud to Address Collateral Challenges
- Creating a Stronger Financial System: New EU rules for the recovery and resolution of Central Counterparties