In a webinar March 9th, a panel of experts explore how market participants and the industry can prepare for the next wave of BCBS/IOSCO non-cleared margin requirements and address common challenges faced in meeting the recent initial and variation margin deadlines.
Two major deadlines for BCBS/IOSCO’s non-cleared margin requirements may have passed for the larger financial institutions, however, there is still work to be done by market participants. The industry at large needs to prepare for the next phases and further hone collateral management processes to address various challenges. In a webinar, a panel of industry experts will explore the various operational and technological challenges firms faced as they prepared collateral management infrastructure to support the new margin requirements, and provide practical insight into how the next tier of firms can ensure effective compliance with the deadlines. The panel will also discuss how the industry can collaborate to ensure institutions of all shapes and sizes can meet the new margin requirements efficiently and in a timely manner.
The panel will explore:
- Lessons learned: What were the lessons learned from the firms who had to comply with this first deadline in Sept ’16 and March 1st ‘17?How can the next wave of market participants learn from the hurdles the tier 1 firms faced?
- The next phase/2017 deadlines: What are the other collateral management related regulatory deadlines collateral managers need to be aware of for the coming year?
- Market initiatives: What are the market developments or initiatives that may help firms comply and that the market should be involved in (such as ISDA VM Protocol)?
- Common challenges: What are the main challenges firms face as they adjust their collateral management infrastructure and processes to comply with new requirements?
- Strategic advantages: What are the ways in which firms can seek out strategic advantages through their efforts to meet new non-cleared margin requirements? Is there a competitive advantage to any of the changes they can make?
- Farid Rahba, Head of Product Management for Collateral Management, Murex
- Diana Shapiro, Director, Citi Futures, Clearing and Collateral
- Shaun Murray, Managing Director, Head of Strategic Collateral Management, Standard Chartered Bank
- Florian Gaisendrees, Manager, d-fine
To register: https://goto.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei=1131443