A new report from Aite Group, LLC examines market trends in the hedge fund of funds (HFOFs) industry, sizes the market, and explores alternative managed account platforms. The report also looks at front- to back-office operations for hedge funds of funds, including fund administrators for administrative support, and provides summaries of various vendor technologies available.
Hedge fund of fund firms are a permanent presence in the investment arsenal of institutional and retail investors. As such, operational and investing requirements for HFOFs are increasing, and HFOFs have more choice today in technology. Technology vendors are enhancing solutions through additional development investment, and providing improved alternatives to in-house technology builds or reliance on generic office software packages.
"As the largest hedge fund of funds experience greater cash inflows, demands on technology have soared," says Denise Valentine, senior analyst with Aite Group and author of this report. "Hedge fund of fund advisers are more willing to spend on operational infrastructure as they attract more assets and build a larger revenue base."
The report includes lists of the top 25 HFOFs with assets and the top 10 hedge fund administrators serving HFOFs.
This 22-page Impact Note contains 6 Figures and 2 Tables. Clients of Aite Group's Institutional Securities & Investments service can download the report by clicking on the icon to the right.
You Might Also Like...
- FIA and FIA Japan Sign Formal Affiliation Agreement
- FIA Welcomes Proposed Guidance on Central Counterparty Risk and Pushes for more Transparency
- Eurex Supports Market Participants and Regulatory Change with Total Return Futures
- Harmonisation of Critical OTC Derivatives Data Elements (other than UTI and UPI) - Second Batch, Consultative Report Issued by CPMI-IOSCO
- eClerx and FIA Tech Announce Strategic Partnership
- DTCC Appoints Tim Keady to Lead Firm's DTCC Solutions Businesses
- Eris Adds Live Points on the Yield Curve
- Abacus Group Announces Major Expansion in London