Murex announced today that Caixa d'Estalvis i Pensions de Barcelona, one of the most important savings bank in Europe and Spain's third largest financial entity, has selected Murex MX.3 as its treasury division front to back cross asset solution. MX.3 is Murex's latest solution firmly positioning the company as the leader of cross-asset trading, risk management and processing solutions in the industry.
MX.3 will be deployed to a hundred users in Barcelona. La Caixa will be using MX.3 for equity derivatives, interest rate derivatives, bonds, foreign exchange and money markets, foreign exchange options and credit derivatives, all front to back. In addition to this wide functional coverage including structured products, “la Caixa” selected Murex's credit risk solution for pre-trade and post-trade real-time limits checking.
Joaquin Aguirre, IT director - Financial Markets from “la Caixa” said “Our challenge was to be able to consolidate our treasury activity within one single solution. With Murex, we are able to handle more efficiently the most complex derivatives with the highest STP rates.”
“While others are entering the derivatives market, we have an established leading presence thanks to over 20 years of experience and innovation in this key area to Murex. This selection adds another significant milestone to our leading presence in the Spanish market, with clients such as Banco Santander, Caja de Madrid, Caixa d’Estalvis de Catalunya and Bankinter. It also reflects our dedication and commitment to this interesting and fast growing market,” says Maroun Edde, managing partner of Murex.
You Might Also Like...
- Exane Selects SimCorp Dimension
- Numerix and PiP, Mexico’s Leading Pricing Provider Team-up on Risk Analytics Solutions for Latin America
- BMCE Bank International Goes Live on AxiomSL’s Regulatory Platform
- Project Sentinel: Industry Participants Collaborate on MiFID II Implementation
- Fidessa and Commcise Solve Industry MiFID II Unbundling Conundrum
- Unique Identifiers for Derivatives - Finding the Middle Ground
- Markit to Acquire Prism Valuation