The Securities and Exchange Commission today announced that James P. McNamara has been named to the newly-created position of Managing Executive of the SEC’s Division of Trading and Markets.
Mr. McNamara is currently an Assistant Director in the SEC’s Office of Financial Management. In his new position, Mr. McNamara will be responsible for the administrative and operational aspects of the Division of Trading and Markets, including human resources, budget, information technology, and strategic planning.
“The breadth of Jamey’s management experience, including his expertise with respect to managing and improving business processes in the financial, human resources, and IT areas, will be invaluable to the Division,” said Robert Cook, director of the SEC’s Division of Trading and Markets.
Mr. McNamara previously worked in the Division of Trading and Markets from 2003 to 2005, when he served as a Branch Chief for Administration. He then moved to the Office of Financial Management and became a Branch Chief for Budget Formulation and Performance Management until 2006, when he left to work in the private sector. Mr. McNamara returned to the SEC’s Office of Financial Management in 2010, serving as the agency’s Budget Officer for a year before becoming an Assistant Director.
“I am honored to have been selected for this position. I look forward to returning to the Division and working with Robert and the talented staff in Trading and Markets,” Mr. McNamara said.
Mr. McNamara began his federal service at the U.S. Department of Justice, where he worked for 10 years in positions of increasing responsibility in human resources management and budget formulation in the agency’s largest litigating division.
Mr. McNamara received his bachelor’s degree in history from Brown University.
You Might Also Like...
- The Bumpy Road to Brexit
- ISDA Launches FRTB Data Standards Project
- Project Sentinel completes MiFID II Technology Specification
- Brexit and OTC Clearing – A Look at the Possible Impact
- Tullett Prebon’s tpMESSENGER service selects CME Pivot Instant Messaging Platform to support open communication
- CloudMargin Announce Further Senior Appointments and Opens North American Office
- Xenomorph Receives Funding from HSBC to Accelerate Growth
- Northern Trust to leverage GlobalCollateral Ltd's MarginSettlement Messaging Service