ING Investment Management (ING IM) has announced that Mark den Hollander, head of ICS Investment Solutions, has been promoted to Chief Risk Officer (CRO) of ING Investment Management, effective of 1st June 2012.
Mark has close to 20 years of experience in the investment management industry and joined ING IM in 2009 as Managing Director, Head of Investment Solutions. The appointment, which is subject to regulatory approval, sees Mark take over CRO responsibilities from Satish Bapat, Chief Financial Officer, ING IM, who had been carrying out CRO responsibilities on an interim basis next to his CFO role. Satish will remain CFO of ING IM.
Prior to ING IM, he was the Chief Investment Officer Structured Solutions at Fortis Investments, while before that he held several senior roles with ABN AMRO Asset Management. Mark received his doctorate degree in Econometrics in 1993 at the Erasmus University in Rotterdam.
Mark joins the ING IM International Management Committee (IMC) and will report to Gilbert Van Hassel, CEO, ING IM, and functionally to Jeroen Potjes, Deputy Chief Risk Officer, ING Insurance/IM EurAsia.
Gilbert van Hassel, ceo at ING Investment Management, says: “We are delighted and encouraged to see an internal appointment for this position, which demonstrates our broad talent base. Since joining ING IM Mark has been instrumental in creating customised service for our institutional clients; stepping away from the traditional asset-only approach.
“Mark’s strong knowledge on both the asset and liability side of investment management, combined with his extensive leadership experience in a client facing role, positions him very well for his new position as Chief Risk Officer at ING IM. We would like to thank Satish for his interim support and wish Mark success in his new role.”
You Might Also Like...
- UnaVista Partners with Kaizen Reporting to Offer Quality Assurance Solution
- Bloomberg’s OTC Electronic Trading Services Offer Direct Connectivity to Eurex Clearing
- Broadridge Launches Next Generation Global Post Trade Management Solution Enabling Banks to Gain Transformative Operational Advantages
- NewOak Selects Quantifi’s Single Solution for Pricing and Analytics
- triResolve’s Repository Reconciliation Service and DTCC Collaborate to Reconcile Data Reported to Asian Regulators
- PNC Selects AxiomSL for Regulatory Reporting
- ESMA Amends MiFID II Standards on Non-equity Transparency and Position Limits
- CFTC Approves Final Rule on Amendments to the Swap Portfolio Reconciliation Requirement