ICE Futures Canada, the Winnipeg-based agricultural exchange owned by IntercontinentalExchange(NYSE: ICE), today announced that the Manitoba Securities Commission has approved new futures contracts for milling wheat, durum wheat and barley.
The Canadian House of Commons yesterday passed Bill C-18, which will end the Canadian Wheat Board's monopoly for sales and marketing of Canadian wheat and barley in the export and human consumption markets as of August 1, 2012. The Bill requires approval by the Senate of Canada and Royal Assent to become law. Following enactment, ICE Futures Canada expects to be able to list the new contracts in January 2012, with the first contracts for delivery in October 2012.
You Might Also Like...
- Tullett Prebon’s tpMESSENGER service selects CME Pivot Instant Messaging Platform to support open communication
- CloudMargin Announce Further Senior Appointments and Opens North American Office
- Xenomorph Receives Funding from HSBC to Accelerate Growth
- Northern Trust to leverage GlobalCollateral Ltd's MarginSettlement Messaging Service
- CME Group Announces Launch of S&P 500 Total Return Index Futures and S&P 500 Carry Adjusted Total Return Index Futures