IntercontinentalExchange (NYSE: ICE), a leading operator of global regulated futures exchanges, clearing houses and over-the-counter (OTC) markets, today announced the launch of 7 new cleared OTC contracts for natural gas liquids, North American natural gas, North American power, crude and refined petroleum products.
All of the new contracts will be available for the trade date of Monday, March 5, 2012, subject to Energy Risk Committee approval and regulatory non-objection. With the products announced today, ICE will offer over 640 cleared OTC energy contracts, including more than 550 new cleared OTC contracts since the launch of ICE Clear Europe in November 2008.
The new contracts are:
Natural Gas Liquids
• Argus Far East Propane Index Balmo Swap (LLP-LMT)(1)
• Argus Propane CIF ARA Large Cargo Balmo Swap (LMU-LNY)(1)
North American Natural Gas
• Henry Fixed Price for Gas Daily Option (HHD)
• Fixed Price for Penultimate Henry Hub, 6-Month CSO Options (HMX)
North American Power
• ERCOT N 345KV Hub Peak Monthly Options (ERN)
Global Oil and Refined Petroleum Products
• NYH Heating Oil 2:30 PM ET Settlement vs. Platts 3:15 PM ET 2nd Month
Spread Futures Assessment (HOL)(2)
• NYH RBOB 2:30 PM ET Settlement vs. Platts 3:15 PM ET 2nd Month Spread
Futures Assessment (RBL)(2)
(1) These contracts reference Argus International LPG report.
(2) These contracts references Platts U.S. Marketscan.
ICE Clear Europe enables the efficient development of new products to support the risk management needs of member firms and customers in ICE's global energy futures and OTC markets. In 2002, ICE pioneered the concept of cleared OTC energy contracts, which provide participants with access to centralized clearing and settlement arrangements while reducing bilateral credit risk and capital required for each OTC trade.
You Might Also Like...
- Derivatives Documentation Digitalization: CSAs, MCAs, IMAs and ISDAs Apply!
- Thomson Reuters and Clifford Chance Team Up to Deliver OTC Derivatives Documentation Solutions
- Bilateral Margining Driving New Member Activity at ForexClear
- Selwood Asset Management Selects Quantifi’s Single Integrated Portfolio Management System
- How Chief Information Officer & Chief Technology Officer Roles Are Changing
- CFTC Staff to Host a Public Roundtable on CPMI-IOSCO Guidance on CCP Resilience & Recovery
- Intercontinental Exchange Announces Appointment of Thomas E. Noonan to ICE Board of Directors
- G-SIB US Bank Selects AxiomSL’s Single Platform for Capital Calculation and Regulatory Reporting Across Europe