New hire brings over 17 years of experience within the global investment banking sector
New role to focus on system Trading Architecture, Infrastructure and Support practice
GreySpark Partners, the capital markets consultancy with offices in London and Hong Kong, today announced the appointment of Jon Batty to managing consultant, where he will run the Trading Architecture, Infrastructure and Support practice. He will report to Bradley Wood, partner.
Batty joins GreySpark after over seven years at Macquarie Securities Group (MSG) in Hong Kong, working in various senior roles. His most recent position was Division Director, Head of IT for MSG Asia within the Information Technology Group, where he managed a team across Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore, Manila and India. In this role, he was responsible for the reorganisation and the restructuring of the Asia teams and technology platform. Key achievements included the creation of an overall IT management team for the Asia region, restructuring the electronic trading project teams to support the expansion of the product across Asia and globally, and supporting the US business build out of Systematic Trading into Asia. Previous positions held at Macquarie included IT Account Manager for the Cash Equities division across Europe, US and Canada (based in London) where he managed a number of business acquisitions and integration projects, and global Programme Manager in Exchange and Market connectivity, based out of Hong Kong, where he organised the due diligence and system selection for the bank’s global Order Management System (OMS), among other key achievements.
Prior to this, Batty held several positions at ING Securities, including Head of Equity Markets IT, where he ran a team that provided business support across all the Cash Equities desks, based out of Hong Kong. Previous to this, he was Application Development Manager at ING Baring Securities, located in Singapore where he worked on developing interfaces to local South East Asian clearing houses for exchange settlements. Batty started his career by working as a C/C++ Developer for British Airways, as a developer on a Passenger Revenue system.
Jon Batty, managing consultant, GreySpark Partners, commented, “With the recent expansion into Hong Kong, GreySpark continues to build a strong global network of consultants, offering unrivalled services to Capital Markets businesses. GreySpark is committed to making substantial, long term relationships with their client and run efficient and successful projects across multiple regions and businesses. I look forward to continuing this legacy and applying my expertise across the global investment banking sector.”
“We uphold our belief in hiring top management professionals from across all disciplines, and our recent expansion of the team will further our lead in the market,” added Fred Ponzo, managing partner, GreySpark partners. “We remain a people business, looking to always enhance the customer experience and consolidate relationships. We are pleased have Jon join our team and help to further develop our network of consultants, building it out to fully service the varied and complex needs of our clients.”
You Might Also Like...
- Leading Global Banks Cut Counterparty Risk at AcadiaSoft and Quantile Pilot Risk Optimisation Service
- triResolve Margin Signs over 60 Clients in Anticipation of the Variation Margin Rules
- Northern Trust Survey: Majority of Fund Managers see Upcoming Regulatory Environment Demanding More Time
- Intercontinental Exchange Announces Agreement to Acquire TMX Atrium from TMX Group
- Regulatory Reporting: Is a Holistic Approach Possible?
- CFTC’s Division of Swap Dealer and Intermediary Oversight Issues Time-Limited No-Action Transition for March 1, 2017 Compliance Date for Variation Margin and No-Action Relief from Minimum Transfer Amount Provisions
- EquiChain - A Global Capital Markets Infrastructure Platform to Drive Market Efficiency and Improve Global Investor Access in Emerging and Frontier Markets