Matching engine successfully migrated
The international derivatives exchange Eurex has completed the re-location of its active matching engines into a new single data centre.
With this step, Eurex achieved a further milestone of its technology roadmap. The active Eurex trading and clearing infrastructure is now located in the International Business Exchange (IBX) data centre of the international IT company Equinix Inc., a global provider of data centre services. Eurex and Equinix have already been offering the co-location solution Proximity Services since 2006.
As part of the migration, Eurex upgraded and replaced all of the matching engines with the latest high-performance hardware. As consequence, all Eurex members benefit from an increased throughput of the Eurex system.
Since Deutsche Börse had already moved the Xetra cash market in July 2011 the migration of the Eurex system enables Deutsche Börse Group to offer its clients co-location services for derivatives and cash markets from a single location. Clients also benefit from the fact that as one of the largest global providers of data centre services, Equinix bundles a large number of exchange-related service providers, including data vendors, under one roof. Moreover, through the linkage of many telecommunication providers, Eurex participants can choose the access to the Equinix data centre that is the most cost-effective for them.
You Might Also Like...
- Derivatives Documentation Digitalization: CSAs, MCAs, IMAs and ISDAs Apply!
- CFTC Staff to Host a Public Roundtable on CPMI-IOSCO Guidance on CCP Resilience & Recovery
- Intercontinental Exchange Announces Appointment of Thomas E. Noonan to ICE Board of Directors
- G-SIB US Bank Selects AxiomSL’s Single Platform for Capital Calculation and Regulatory Reporting Across Europe
- Object Trading Ready for Day One of Trading with Direct Market Access to CurveGlobal
- Lombard Risk Appoints New Business Development Head for EMEA
- Synechron Launches Blockchain Accelerator Applications in the Cloud
- Eris and Cassini Systems Partners to Offer Margin Savings Analysis