The Board of Supervisors (BoS), ESMA’s decision taking body made up of 27 voting members, nominated Verena Ross today, for the post of ESMA’s first Executive Director, subject to confirmation by the European Parliament. The Executive Director will be entrusted with the day-to-day management of ESMA. According to the Regulation establishing ESMA, the Executive Director will serve a term of five years, renewable once.
You Might Also Like...
- TriOptima and SwapClear Include First Client-cleared Trades in triReduce Swap Compression Cycle
- DTCC's Data Products Service Gathers Momentum; Adds Liquidity Coverage Data
- Overcoming Imposter Syndrome
- FIA Welcomes Proposed Guidance on Central Counterparty Risk and Pushes for more Transparency
- FIA and FIA Japan Sign Formal Affiliation Agreement
- Eurex Supports Market Participants and Regulatory Change with Total Return Futures
- Harmonisation of Critical OTC Derivatives Data Elements (other than UTI and UPI) - Second Batch, Consultative Report Issued by CPMI-IOSCO
- eClerx and FIA Tech Announce Strategic Partnership