Acquisition of SIX Swiss Exchange’s 50-percent share closed
Deutsche Börse: Deutsche Börse Group today completed its full acquisition of Eurex Zürich AG. Representatives of SIX Swiss Exchange/SIX Group AG and Deutsche Börse AG jointly finalized the transaction in Zurich and signed the corresponding closing documents. Deutsche Börse is to pay 295 million euros and transfer approx. 5.3 million Deutsche Börse AG shares to the SIX Group. This gives the SIX Group a stake of around 2.7 percent in Deutsche Börse AG. In return, Deutsche Börse has acquired the SIX Group’s share in the Eurex Group, the derivatives market provider that was previously under joint operation. The transaction was agreed on 7 June 2011.
Retroactive as of 1 January 2012, Deutsche Börse Group will receive all Eurex Group profits as sole shareholder of Eurex Zürich AG. Deutsche Börse Group previously received 85 percent of Eurex Group’s profits. Deutsche Börse Group is fully acquiring all subsidiaries and shareholdings of Eurex Group, including International Securities Exchange Holdings (ISE), Inc., as well as the stakes in Direct Edge Holdings, LLC and the European Energy Exchange AG. Moreover, it is acquiring all Eurex software and trademark rights. Eurex’s Swiss markets will continue to be operated by Eurex Zürich AG.
You Might Also Like...
- Leading Global Banks Cut Counterparty Risk at AcadiaSoft and Quantile Pilot Risk Optimisation Service
- triResolve Margin Signs over 60 Clients in Anticipation of the Variation Margin Rules
- Northern Trust Survey: Majority of Fund Managers see Upcoming Regulatory Environment Demanding More Time
- Intercontinental Exchange Announces Agreement to Acquire TMX Atrium from TMX Group
- Regulatory Reporting: Is a Holistic Approach Possible?
- CFTC’s Division of Swap Dealer and Intermediary Oversight Issues Time-Limited No-Action Transition for March 1, 2017 Compliance Date for Variation Margin and No-Action Relief from Minimum Transfer Amount Provisions
- EquiChain - A Global Capital Markets Infrastructure Platform to Drive Market Efficiency and Improve Global Investor Access in Emerging and Frontier Markets