CME Group today requested and received a 90-day extension for implementing margin changes announced yesterday in order to comply with CFTC Regulation 39.13(g)(8)(ii), as it applies to customers that are exchange members (member-customers) and omnibus accounts.
During the extension period, CME Clearing will work with the CFTC to address member-customer concerns. Additionally, CME Group will keep member-customers informed during this period and provide adequate notice of any changes to margin requirements.
With the extension, CME Clearing now will be required to enforce this rule as it applies to member-customers and omnibus accounts on August 5, 2012.
You Might Also Like...
- Neptune Continues Expansion with Integration into Fidessa's Buy-side OMS Platform
- Quantifi Develops Commodity Credit aCounterparty Risk Management Solution with Leading Global Commodity Firm
- Object Trading Platform Goes Live at TMX Group’s Co-Location Centre for Montréal Exchange Access
- CBOE Holdings Takes Equity Stake In Eris Exchange Holdings And Companies Announce Strategic Product Partnership
- CFTC Issues Final Cross-Border Margin Rule
- Credit Suisse Leader in Global Cleared Derivatives Selects FIS Derivatives Utility
- Clearing Members Analyze the Resolution of Central Counterparties in New White Paper
- SA-CCR - Understanding Implementation Challenges to Create an Effective Adoption Plan