CME Group today requested and received a 90-day extension for implementing margin changes announced yesterday in order to comply with CFTC Regulation 39.13(g)(8)(ii), as it applies to customers that are exchange members (member-customers) and omnibus accounts.
During the extension period, CME Clearing will work with the CFTC to address member-customer concerns. Additionally, CME Group will keep member-customers informed during this period and provide adequate notice of any changes to margin requirements.
With the extension, CME Clearing now will be required to enforce this rule as it applies to member-customers and omnibus accounts on August 5, 2012.
You Might Also Like...
- Derivatives Documentation Digitalization: CSAs, MCAs, IMAs and ISDAs Apply!
- CFTC Staff to Host a Public Roundtable on CPMI-IOSCO Guidance on CCP Resilience & Recovery
- Intercontinental Exchange Announces Appointment of Thomas E. Noonan to ICE Board of Directors
- G-SIB US Bank Selects AxiomSL’s Single Platform for Capital Calculation and Regulatory Reporting Across Europe
- Object Trading Ready for Day One of Trading with Direct Market Access to CurveGlobal
- Lombard Risk Appoints New Business Development Head for EMEA
- Synechron Launches Blockchain Accelerator Applications in the Cloud
- Eris and Cassini Systems Partners to Offer Margin Savings Analysis